Can I stream from music services like Spotify or TIDAL from my phone directly to the Nativ Vita?June 21, 2018
Yes, this is possible as the Vita supports both Spotify Connect and Google Cast. Here is how it works:
1. Spotify (using Spotify Connect)
Simply start the Spotify app on your Nativ Vita and your smartphone. Make sure both devices are logged into the same Spotify account. Then proceed as follows:
- Start playing your music on your smartphone and tap on the “Devices Available” in the the lower part of the screen.
The “Devices Available” option can also be accessed via the NOW PLAYING screen:
- In the “Devices Available” screen please choose “NATIV-MX6Q”
- Tap on “CLOSE” and the music will now play through your Nativ Vita Music Player.
For more details please visit the Spotify support page.
2. TIDAL and others* (using Google Cast)
How do I control the Nativ Vita from TIDAL on my Smartphone?
You can control the Nativ Vita directly from TIDAL on your Smartphone by tapping on the Cast icon on the Now Playing screen in TIDAL.
- Launch TIDAL on your Smartphone.
- Go to the Now Playing screen.
- Tap the Cast icon and select your Nativ Vita.
What bitrate and format does TIDAL use for streaming?
TIDAL HiFi – Lossless FLAC 16bit/44.1kHz.
TIDAL Premium – AAC 320kbps
What is the recommended internet bandwidth to stream high definition audio to a Nativ Vita?
5 Mbs is the minimum broadband speed required to stream FLAC from TIDAL to a Nativ Vita. If streaming different FLAC music to multiple speakers, we recommend a higher broadband speed. This requirement can vary based on your internet usage (large file downloads, gaming, video streaming, etc.)
- 5.0 Megabits per second – 1 FLAC stream
- 7.5 Megabits per second – 2 FLAC streams
- 10 Megabits per second – 3 or more FLAC streams
*Other music services with Google Cast support: Pandora Music, TuneIn, Soundcloud, Qobuz and Slacker Radio also support Google Cast and can stream directly to the Vita. The process is identical to TIDAL (see above).