Software Updates > Nativ Vita Music Player
To update your Nativ Vita please download the software directly on the device or use the USB update feature. You can find the detailed instructions here.
Improvements and new features:
- Multi-Room streaming via UPnP/DLNA, Apple Airplay, Google Cast and Qualcomm® AllPlay™ is now supported. Stream music and streaming services from your Nativ Vita to a wide variety of wireless speakers and clients from SONOS, Denon HEOS, Bang & Olufsen, Amazon Fire TV, Roku & Samsung Multi-Room etc. Play music on one or multiple speakers simultaneously, and conveniently control the volume from the Vita’s interface.
- Caching network libraries:
a) Improved UPnP Caching speed by ~200%, SMB Caching by ~50%.
b) Added a CLEAR CACHE button to erase the music library cache on the Vita (Settings > Music Library > Network Libraries).
- Implemented SMB2 protocol for data transfer. Please add “/vita” at the end of the IP address and enter “nativ” as name and password to connect to SMB import folder.
- Support for 5TB hard drives has been added. Nativ Vita now supports up to 10TB in total.
- Added backend handling to ensure maximum performance of iOS and Android Smartphone apps.
- CD ripping: Additional database delivers improved metadata and album artwork results. Various bugs with compilations and unknown CDs have been resolved.
System Diagnostics has been added to analyze integrity of music metadata database (Settings > System > Analysis).
- Size of support logs has been optimized for efficient upload through the Vita’s support interface.
- Music Services can now be stored as remote control presets again.
- Various root causes for system crashes have been resolved.
- Issues with DSF files have been resolved (Metadata and playback issues).
- Playlists from network libraries no longer will be erased after software update (AssetUPnP).
- Display quality of album cover artwork has been improved.
- UPnP Caching performance intermittently slows down over time.
- Multi-room streaming: Volume control for and recognition of Sonos speakers only works intermittently in unstable network environments.
- Fast forwarding of FLAC files does not work.
- Please report all issues directly through the Nativ Vita interface, or through our online tech support form.