Software Updates > Nativ Vita Music Player
Caution: This software update is not available via direct download on your Vita and needs to be installed via USB stick. We have made considerable changes in this software and therefore will also update the low level firmware of your Vita. Once you install the software update it will first install the software, reboot and then install the firmware update (and then reboot again). It is absolutely crucial that you do not turn off the Vita during this process as it otherwise can be rendered inoperable. Please make sure it is connected to a stable power supply.
Here is what is new:
- User Interface performance improvements by as much as 70% for browsing and playback functions.
- All Music Services now continue to run in the background (except YouTube and YouTube Music). This means your music service will continue to play until you have chosen a track from another source (e.g. a song from the internal HDD).
- Audiobooks are now available via the Audible app.
- Additional music services we have added: YouTube Music, Calm Radio, Juke Musik (Germany only) and MOOV.
- VEVO has discontinued its service and was therefore removed.
- Rare cases where a CD in the Nativ Disc can cause the Nativ Vita to crash have been resolved.
- Various improvements with the iOS and Android apps. Please download the latest app versions from the Apple or Google Store.
- UPnP Caching with the FOLDER VIEW enabled sometimes does not complete and the progress window stays open (no confirmation message).
- 2nd level of FOLDER VIEW can sometimes load slowly. With some UPnP software packages the lowest folder level might not show the tracks.
- Please report all issues directly through the Nativ Vita interface, or through our online tech support form.