Controlling your Nativ Vita with a Smartphone.
Browse and play your music with a variety of apps.
Nativ Smartphone apps
Note: Smartphone apps require software 1.4.0 on your Nativ Vita Music Player.
- Android app
You can download the app directly in the Google Play Store here (or search for “Nativ Sound” in the Google Play app on your Smartphone). If you do not have access to the Google Play Store you can download the app (APK) here. To install the APK please follow these instructions.
- iOS app
You can download the app directly in the Apple App Store here (or search for “Nativ Sound” in the App Store app on your iPhone).
When you launch the Nativ app it will first search for the Nativ Vita(s) in your network:
Once you have selected your Vita you will end up on the HOME screen:
In the HOME screen you can access the following features:
- FAVORITES: Quickly access all the artists, albums, songs and playlists that you have marked as favorites.
- PLAYLISTS: All your playlists
- MY MUSIC: Browse all music on the built-in hard drives or network shared libraries cached through the Nativ Vita.
- MUSIC SERVICES: Launch and control the Nativ Vita through selected music service apps on your Smartphone.
Under MY MUSIC you can browse your music libraries the same way you are used to from the interface on the Nativ Vita: Album view:
Once you start the playback of music you can access the PLAY SCREEN by tapping on the album artwork in the MINI PLAY BAR on the bottom of the screen:
Tap on the MORE OPTIONS icon (…) to access additional functions:
In the HOME SCREEN:
a) Tap on the SEARCH icon in the top right corner to access the search mask:
b) Tap on the system icon in the top left corner to access the system functions:
- ZONES: Stream your music from the Vita to your favorite wireless speakers in the network.
- SLEEP TIMER: Set the timer when the Vita should go to sleep.
- POWER: In this menu the Vita can be restarted, put to sleep manually, or completely turned OFF. If the Vita is turned OFF you will need to power it ON with the power button on the device itself.
3rd party apps
We have designed the Digital Media Server (DMS) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR) of the Nativ Vita Music Player with an open architecture. Technically any UPnP Control app should be able to access the music on the internal hard drives, and play it through the audio outputs on the Vita. For now we have tested the following apps to work:
Note: To control the Nativ Vita with these 3rd party apps please make sure it is on the HOME screen. Please also set the Nativ Vita as the Renderer in the apps (otherwise the audio will be output on your smartphone).