Settings: Software Update & Recovery.
Updating the software on your Nativ Vita.
You can access the software update and recovery functions under SETTINGS > SYSTEM > SOFTWARE.
If your Nativ Vita Music Player is connected to the internet it will automatically look for new software updates and prompt you to install them when they become available. To install the software updates manually via USB stick please proceed as follows:
- Download the latest software update file on your Mac/PC from our software update website. Note: Please do not double-click or unzip the file after download.
- Copy the update file to a USB stick (formatted in FAT32).
- Insert the USB stick into the USB Audio port on Nativ Vita (USB port next to the optical audio output connector).
- Tap on the INSTALL button on the screen above. The Nativ Vita will now install the software update from the USB stick.
Factory fault settings.
Resetting your Nativ Vita to the factory default will change all your system settings (e.g. Network, Bluetooth, Sleep & Alarm timer, etc.) back to the original settings. It will also delete all installed music services and erase your music library on the internal hard drives, as well as playlists and favorites. Please make sure you have a backup of your music before you initiate a factory reset.
A system recovery will reinstall the operating system on your Nativ Vita and will reset all system settings. It will not delete your music services or the music on the internal hard drives, but it will delete the music database. This means you have to do a REBUILD of the music library if your music is on the local HDD (Settings > Music Library > Local HDD), or cache the music library again if the music is stored on a computer or NAS. As a recovery also deletes your playlists we recommend to do a backup of your music library before performing a recovery.
You have two options to reinstall the operating system:
Directly on your Nativ Vita
- Please insert a USB stick (formatted in FAT32) into the USB Audio port on Nativ Vita (USB port next to the optical audio output connector).
- Tap on the DOWNLOAD RECOVERY FILE button in the screen above.
- Nativ Vita will download the recovery file onto the USB Stick.
- After the download is complete the Nativ Vita will automatically reboot and initiate the recovery process.
On a PC/Mac
- Download the latest recovery file on your Mac/PC from our software update website. Note: Please do not double-click or unzip the file after download.
- Copy the recovery file to a USB stick (formatted in FAT32).
- Make sure your Nativ Vita is turned OFF and insert the USB stick into the USB Audio port (next to the optical audio output connector).
- Take a pen and push the reset button in the connector tunnel of Nativ Vita (located between the 2 USB ports).
- Turn ON Nativ Vita with the power button on the right side.
- Once the LCD displays the recovery message please let go of the reset button. Nativ Vita will now reinstall the Operating System.